Saturday, June 4, 2011

Walking on water... Well not exactly.


Hello! I hope you had a wonderful day.

Today I went water tubing and boy oh' boy was it fun!

Even though I had a blast, it also got me to thinking. Allow me to explain; while water tubing usually you get thrown off at least once, especially when that is the drivers, well, not so subtle goal. :) And that was what happened after being pulled in a very quick figure eight, I was thrown off and into the lake. But even when I was being thrown through the air and into the water, I didn't panic. "Why?" you may ask? Well not only was it the confidence that I can swim well, I also had a life jacket on, which of course would give anyone a peace of mind, that even if you couldn't swim, you know you would still pop back up to the surface and be carried by the life jacket.

"What's so amazing about you talking about a life jacket?" you ask?

Well Jesus Christ is kinda like our life jacket. Again allow me to explain...

Actually the Bible explains it best:

2 Timothy 1:9

New International Version (NIV)
9 He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,





And He saves us continually! He calls us to take chances that He has told us to take. He will always be there to carry you and hold you! So don't be afraid to take a stand for Christ, He'll always be right there with you! We can't walk on the water, but HE can.

I know this is a short post, but I hope it's made you think.

God Bless!


Alyssa


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog! I would really like to hear what you think; so please feel free to leave a comment.


I hope God touches and speaks to you through what you read.