Saturday, June 18, 2011

Am I really that big?



Today I was reading "Crazy Love by Francis Chan" and something hit me so hard, Francis was saying "God is all-knowing..." But that wasn't the part that hit me hard, it was this:

Hebrews 4:13

New International Version (NIV)
13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.
-----
"It is sobering to realize that this is the same God who is holy and eternal, the Maker of the billions of galaxies and thousands of tree species in the rainforest. This is the God who takes the time to know all the little details about each of us. He does not have to know us so well but He chooses to."
Lord you have CHOSEN to know me! And yet I say, "Why am I worthy?" but even then, I say; "Thank you Lord for allowing me to be worthy of you!"
Tonight the Lord has laid on my heart "Am I really that big?" How finite am I, REALLY?

Such a picture is given in these passages:

Proverbs 30

New International Version (NIV)

Proverbs 30

Sayings of Agur
1 The sayings of Agur son of Jakeh—an inspired utterance.
This man’s utterance to Ithiel:
“I am weary, God,
but I can prevail.
2 Surely I am only a brute, not a man;
I do not have human understanding.
3 I have not learned wisdom,
nor have I attained to the knowledge of the Holy One.
4 Who has gone up to heaven and come down?
Whose hands have gathered up the wind?
Who has wrapped up the waters in a cloak?
Who has established all the ends of the earth?
What is his name, and what is the name of his son?
Surely you know!
5 “Every word of God is flawless;
he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.
6 Do not add to his words,
or he will rebuke you and prove you a liar.

Lord you are so perfect. Utterly flawless, so are your words. Teach me to listen to your flawless guidance, to seek your perfect face more, to realize how big and amazing you really, truly are.

Psalm 139

New International Version (NIV)

Psalm 139

For the director of music. Of David. A psalm.
1 You have searched me, LORD,
and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue
you, LORD, know it completely.
5 You hem me in behind and before,
and you lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.
7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,”
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.
13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, God!
How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand—
when I awake, I am still with you.


Why do we ever feel bigger than The Creator? Never ever can we hide from you. How awe-filled and comforting is that thought, yet even overwhelming.

Lord, how amazing and wonderful it is to know that you WANT to know me!

Lord reveal your awe-someness to me. I ask that you are not silent, speak. Fill me with your words!

Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog! I would really like to hear what you think; so please feel free to leave a comment.


I hope God touches and speaks to you through what you read.