Saturday, July 9, 2011

Search your hearts and be silent.


"How long will it take us to realize that we've been set apart?"
Usually it will take us far too long. 
"How long will it take us to realize God is screaming at us to listen?" 
Usually it will take us far too long. 
"How long will it take us to realize we chase after things that will not fulfill us?" 
Usually it will take us far too long.

Unfortunately we as broken humans, don't realize things very quickly. Thank God, we have Him.

God has led me to something that amazed me tonight, and is what I am told to share.


Psalm 4

New International Version (NIV)


Psalm 4


For the director of music. With stringed instruments. A psalm of David.


 1 Answer me when I call to you,
   my righteous God.
Give me relief from my distress;
   have mercy on me and hear my prayer.

 2 How long will you people turn my glory into shame?
   How long will you love delusions and seek false gods?
3 Know that the LORD has set apart his faithful servant for himself;
   the LORD hears when I call to him.

4 Tremble and do not sin;
   when you are on your beds,
   search your hearts and be silent.
5 Offer the sacrifices of the righteous
   and trust in the LORD.
  
6 Many, LORD, are asking, “Who will bring us prosperity?”
   Let the light of your face shine on us.
7 Fill my heart with joy
   when their grain and new wine abound.
 8 In peace I will lie down and sleep,
   for you alone, LORD,
   make me dwell in safety. 

How long will we turn God's glory to shame? How long will we seek after false gods? 
Verse 4 was so amazing to me;
4 Tremble and do not sin;
   when you are on your beds,
   search your hearts and be silent. 

In one of my earlier posts I had said that my Dad has told me, at night, if you are laying there awake, pray and listen to God. He has you awake for a reason.

How awe-some it is to read that in my Heavenly Father's Word!

God, do not let us seek after things other than you. Hold us close, and let us keep close to you. Let our one true love be you! 

Praise God.


Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog! I would really like to hear what you think; so please feel free to leave a comment.


I hope God touches and speaks to you through what you read.